|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Europa Editions UK|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/10/2020 - 23:00|
Sales and Marketing Manager
Calling all book enthusiasts! Do you have knowledge and experience in wholesale and retail marketing and sales techniques? This opportunity may be the perfect one for you...
Europa Editions UK is an independent publisher of international fiction. Their mission is to publish diverse international literature and build bridges between cultures.
Europa Editions UK are looking for new talent to join them as a Sales and Marketing Manager. Your role will be to oversee and implement domestic and export sales and marketing strategies under the direction of Europa's Publisher.
- Manage the relationship with their sales and distribution partners
- Maximize the visibility of their books in-store and online
- Set sales targets for all their titles for all key accounts and be expected to budget and create innovative marketing plans for both high street and online sales
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and account meetings
- Cultivate relationships with booksellers throughout London and the UK to evaluate our sales effectiveness nationally, this will involve some travelling
- Conduct and manage internal sales meetings
- Analyse market and sales data to optimise pricing and discounts
- Create reports and metrics to track overall strategies and manage stock levels
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Share our passion for bold, diverse and innovative publishing, and the ambitious plans our company has to expand its reach as a general trade publisher
- Are proactive, creative, enthusiastic, and efficient
- Are personable, and have a sense of humour
- Have outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Have good IT skills, can work with Microsoft Office and databases, have a knowledge of metadata and bibliographic management services
- Have excellent communication skills, spoken and on the page
- Able to communicate effectively across the various strands of the company, for example by sharing details of campaigns with the rest of the team
- Will need to visit their London office on a regular basis, there will be a degree of flexibility about where you work from depending on your circumstances
- Are likely to have at least three years relevant experience in a similar role with a general trade publisher or in bookselling
- You will have thorough knowledge and experience in wholesale and retail marketing and sales techniques in the UK and export book industry
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.