|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/10/2020 - 23:59|
Researcher / Broadcast Assistant
Are you a proactive, organised person who is great at multitasking and someone who demonstrates initiative everyday? Are you able to create engaging content both on air and on line? Then don't miss this opportunity...
News UK tell the stories that matter. Seed ideas and stir emotion. Captures moments, meaning and magic. Makes sense of the world. This position will be working with the Wireless division of News UK. Wireless create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
As a Researcher you will be joining the Stories of the times podcast team. You will create engaging content for bulletins, turning around copy to tight deadlines, responding quickly to breaking news and creating news lines and engaging audio clips from guests across the network.
- Research stories and pitch ideas for interviews and discussions
- Cut clips and write script for radio bulletins on talkRADIO and Times Radio
- Create social media content for the podcast - liaising with the video and social media teams to create the biggest impact possible for the podcast
- Work with the presenter to write 'two ways' for the breakfast and drive show on Times Radio
- Find archive and other sound to compliment episodes
- Book guests and record interviews
- Offer production support to producers and eventually producing podcast episodes yourself
Skills, knowledge, experience
- A self-starter who can demonstrate a love of podcasts
- A budding journalist who is obsessed by the news and has got fresh ideas for speech radio
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Audio editing skills helpful (but not essential)
- Knowledge of the current news environment and endless suggestions for suitable guests
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- A desire to learn
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.