|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/11/2020 - 23:59|
Relationship Manager, Creative Media
Do you have experience engaging with arts and cultural organisations? As well as excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and advocacy? Well then look no further than this role...
Arts Council is the national development agency for creativity and culture. They champion, develop and invest in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people's lives. They support activities across the arts, museums and libraries – from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections.
Arts Council are looking to recruit a Relationship Manager, Creative Media to join their team. The Relationship Manager will be part of both the Midlands Area team and the national Creative Media team and will contribute to the shaping and delivery of Arts Council's work across the Midlands. This role would typically be based in their Birmingham office and will involve working across the Midlands. However, at present, Arts Council staff are working from home as a result of Covid-19.
- You will manage a portfolio of National Portfolio Organisations
- This will include monitoring delivery of their business plan, their funding agreement with Arts Council England, and their artistic and cultural programme
- Advise on and assess funding applications from individual artists, organisations, companies and communities
- You will contribute to the assessment of their applications, liaising with the Investment Centre and recommending funding decisions to your Senior Relationship Manager and Leadership team
- Work closely with colleagues in the Area team to contribute to a coordinated approach to the support and development of arts and culture locally and to relationships with external partners
- Work closely with the national discipline lead relevant to your artform or cross-cutting area of expertise, sharing specialist knowledge and insight alongside other relationship managers across the country who share your specialist discipline
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will have specific knowledge of creative media within the arts and cultural sector
- A good understanding of the cultural sector in England and of the current challenges and opportunities facing it
- Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and advocacy
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Significant experience of engaging with arts and cultutral organisations
- A good understanding of organisational dynamics is an advantage, for example in business planning, financial reporting, performance management and governance
- Experience of working with local authority and other strategic partners would also be an advantage
- With a diverse portfolio of external partner relationships to maintain, you will be self-reliant and enjoy both frequent travel and meeting new people
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.