|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Richmond Arts Service|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/07/2020 - 23:00|
Programmer - Exhibitions and Collections
Would you like to bring new art to Richmond? Do you enjoy caring for and interpreting collections? If so, apply now!
Richmond Arts Service make arts in Richmond accessible, and empower people to be creative. They see, share and make as part of their everyday lives. What they produce is relevant for Richmond and West London and contributes something new to London and UK culture. They aim to connect people through culture, and across barriers. They are working to increase the impact of their services and build a more diverse audience. The experiences we create range from personal to collaborative, with moments of ‘reflection’ ‘discovery’ and ‘surprise’. Based at Orleans House Gallery on Twickenham Riverside, the team is responsible for a range of creative programmes that have the public at the heart of the activity.
Richmond Arts Service are looking for a Programmer in Exhibitions and Collections. As well as managing the historic site of Orleans House Gallery and holding the Richmond Borough Art Collection, they deliver a range of contemporary exhibitions across three galleries that support local artists and bring new art to the borough. They are especially interested in people who have brought significant change and improvements to places they have worked, and those who are willing to try new things and help us deliver unexpected and innovative new services for the public.
- Develop and deliver relevant public facing programmes and activities including a range of contemporary exhibitions across three galleries.
- Engage audiences with the Richmond Borough Art Collection and the history of Orleans House Gallery.
- Manage partnerships and co-commissioning arrangements, and build relationships with artists working and living in the borough.
- Ensure services are communicated well to the relevant audiences and influencers.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and policies which increase the effectiveness of our services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of developing and delivering public facing creative programmes with a focus on visual art and exhibitions
- Enjoy creating new innovative arts programmes
- Able to forward plan and manage risk
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of individuals
- Happy to adapt to changing priorities, contexts and deadlines
- Able to manage and lead teams successfully in fast-moving dynamic environments