|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/07/2020 - 09:00|
Are you a confident communicator with a passion for community and the arts? If so, apply now to this exciting new project reshaping the arts landscape...
Woolwich Works is the Royal Borough of Greenwich’s landmark project to turn five historic buildings on the Royal Arsenal into a new creative district for London. When complete, the buildings will include a large events and performance space, rehearsal and performance studios, events spaces, a café and bars, and be the new home for artistic residents including internationally-renowned theatre company, Punchdrunk.
Woolwhich Works is looking for a Programme Manager to join their team. This role is responsible for managing the delivery of Woolwich Works’ public programme. This is a multi-faceted role in that it is in equal measure about responding to enquiries and proactively securing bookings; working to develop and deliver content; and hands-on operational delivery and internal coordination. The successful candidate will be somebody with experience of programming and booking commercial artistic activity.
- Achieving promoter hire targets
- Support the Chief Executive in the development and delivery of Woolwich Works own / co-promoted programme aspects
- Manage the delivery of the public programme, administering contracts, venue advances, riders and settlements; collating and ensuring the timely review of health and safety and production information; and compiling and circulating internal information
- Contribute to the management of the venue diary, working positively with colleagues such as to ensure that costs are controlled and opportunities maximised
- Provide support to the Resident Artistic Companies in respect of their on-site public programme delivery, and to provide support in respect of the delivery of performance aspects of their Education and Community Programmes
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager and external promoters and producers to oversee marketing and on-sale arrangements for each programme aspect, ensuring that any required copy and assets are provided in good time
- Undertake project management and manage budgets as required by the Commercial Director or Chief Executive
- Seek out opportunities to add value for the community through artist engagement in the form of masterclasses, Q&As, work in schools, and digital content
- Actively seek out and pursue events that will contribute to our objective to raise the profile of Woolwich and the Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Contribute to our Step-Up programme by:
- Developing and delivering learning and development relevant to your skills and expertise and mentoring and coaching other team members and members of the local creative community and other creative organisations
- Leveraging relationships with contacts, partners and peer organisations to deliver learning, development and work experience opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of booking artists, as a Programme Manager or Programme Coordinator
Live event operations experience
Experience of budgeting, profit / loss
A confident communicator with good people skills and emotional intelligence
Good IT skills – confident with all Microsoft Office applications
Passionate about people, communities, diversity and inclusion
Experience of working commercially in a not-for-profit environment
- Experience of using Artifax
- Experience of launching a new venue or organisation (or reopening a venue following a prolonged closure)
- First Aid at Work qualification
- An in-depth knowledge of the Royal Borough of Greenwich