|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/09/2021 - 17:00|
Are you ready to take your next step - or possibly even your first - in the publishing industry? This editorial role with an independent publisher is an opportunity you won't want to miss.
Profile Books is a leading independent publisher with strengths in non-fiction. Its lists are Serpent’s Tail, Souvenir Press and imprints including Wellcome Collection, The Economist and Viper Books. Publishing inventive books, powerful voices and lively thought, they create books that surprise, delight and endure. Bestselling authors include Mary Beard, Robert Greene, Sarah Perry, Esi Edugyan and Torrey Peters.
Profile Books are looking for an Editorial Assistant to join their nonfiction team in a full-time role.
What you'll learn
- What makes a book great and what makes a publication fly, how to edit text, what to think about when acquiring a book and how publishing works.
- You’ll learn how the teams work together in house and how they work with agents and authors
- You'll make sure everyone has what they need to publish the books brilliantly
- That authors are looked after and admin taken care of
- Managing diaries and sharing information
- Reading submissions, writing copy and briefing covers
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You’ll need to be a fluent writer
- Have a creative mind and be interested in the business of books
- A voracious reader
- You’ll be reliable, good at taking the initiative and able to keep a clear head when things get busy
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.