|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London or Remote|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/05/2021 - 23:59|
Production Specialist (Open Access Publishing)
If you’re interested in scholarly publishing and want to work in a constantly innovating and changing environment, this could be the role for you!
Frontiers are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet. They are an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. They are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, their 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations. Their journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. They continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
The Production Office team is responsible for the smooth and swift production and copyediting of articles that have been reviewed and accepted for publication. The team oversees all stages of the production process of articles, working closely with external typesetters and the authors to ensure that high quality manuscripts are published, and deposited in relevant repositories.
Frontiers are looking for a Production Specialist to join them. You will be overseeing all phases of the production process, ensuring completion of final checks of accepted manuscripts, reviewing author comments, corrections and responses to queries to ensure they conform to Frontiers' style and ensuring that all files are correct and compatible before scheduling the article to publication.
- Ensure articles are produced in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Oversee all phases of the production process (Formatting, proofing and validating online PDF/EPUB/HTML/XML formats)
- Communicating and coordinating with the typesetters that produce the final file
- Resolving incorrect or missing information, Ethics and Funding statements, affiliations, authorship change forms and supplementary materials at production stage
- Supporting authors at any point during production but also for post-publication issues that may require Corrigenda or Errata articles
- Reporting issues and bugs found with Frontiers' website and/or Production Platform to Support
- Share constant feedback around project work in order to improve the production SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- You are a target driven and results oriented individual with exceptional attention to detail
- You are eager to learn, curious and self-motivated
- You enjoy finding solutions and delivering an exceptional service to external stakeholders
- An undergraduate degree (BA or BSc) or equivalent would preferable
- Experience in publishing or editing would be an advantage
- Previous experience with using SOPs is desirable
- Experience using mark-up languages, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop would be an advantage
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment that is constantly innovating and changing
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions
- Excellent team player and at ease collaborating proactively with your colleagues
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.