|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||16/08/2020 - 23:00|
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.Calling all publishing enthusiasts! This leading publishing house has an incredible opportunity for you...
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes. Their mission is to be a creative, entrepreneurial, independent publisher of books, audiobooks and digital content of excellence and originality, and to bring these works to a worldwide audience.
Bloomsbury are looking for an experienced Production Editor to join their Academic Division, which publishes books and digital products across a range of subjects including History, Philosophy, Music, Drama, Film and Media Studies, Education and Theology.
- Estimating, cost and schedule projects
- Guide titles from delivery of raw script to final print and digital files (using project management companies)
- Buy print
- Liaise with authors and editorial, design, digital, sales and marketing colleagues
- Oversee external prepress and print suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- Print-buying experience
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Experience in an academic publishing environment
- The confidence to liaise with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and familiarity with Adobe products desirable)
- Knowledge of XML-first workflows (desirable but not essential)
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.