|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/08/2020 - 23:00|
Calling all publishing enthusiasts! If you're experienced, enthusiastic and organised, this role with Bloomsbury might be perfect for you...
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes. Their mission is to be a creative, entrepreneurial, independent publisher of books, audiobooks and digital content of excellence and originality, and to bring these works to a worldwide audience.
Bloomsbury are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join their busy Production and Design team to work on the Osprey imprint, which publishes across a broad range of subjects. As the Production Controller, you will work closely with the in-house Editorial, Sales and Marketing departments, and with external suppliers to ensure that all projects are produced on schedule, to high quality standards and within controlled budgets.
- Project-manage your assigned lists from copy-edited MS to manufacture and shipping, and beyond to eBook creation and QA, using a Group-wide XML-based workflow
- Project costing
- Preparing titles for print and digital editions
- Print buying
- Retouch images
- Correct layouts
- Artwork some covers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A detailed knowledge of the production life cycle for books
- Proven print buying experience (mono and colour)
- A keen eye for detail (copy-editing and proof-reading skills are desirable) and a good head for numbers
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude
- IT skills (knowledge of Office and proven expertise using Adobe products – inDesign and Photoshop in particular – are essential; familiarity with Virtusales’ Biblio3 is desirable)
- Knowledge of XML-first workflows
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.