|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
18 Months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/12/2020 - 12:00|
Are you able to bring performance projects of all shapes and forms to life? Are you passionate about working with creatives? Don't miss this exciting opportunity in Leeds...
Transform is an engine room for urgent, of the moment theatre. They are the creators of the biennial Transform festivals, citywide takeovers of powerful performance by artists from across the North of England and the globe. Transform’s bold, open-hearted festivals unfold across iconic venues, clubs, car parks and community centres across Leeds.
Transform is seeking a Producer to join the team. They are looking for someone who is curious about and committed to realising adventurous performance, who is a dedicated creative collaborator and brilliant at making things happen.
- Support the Creative Director with research for the programme and festivals, bringing producing expertise and knowledge
- Lead produce key festival commissions and co-productions
- Act as a line producer for visiting shows and special events
- Support freelance audience engagement and marketing specialists to identify target audiences and to devise ambitious and inclusive campaigns
- Support the development of the organisation’s fundraising plan, led on by the Creative Director and freelance fundraisers
- Foster and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with artists, creative people and partners
- Champion inclusive practices, access, well-being, mentoring and training
- Keep up to date with developments in the performing arts sector locally, nationally and internationally, to include show seeing
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Experience of working in the arts/cultural sector, or relevant transferrable experience
- Experience producing performances or cultural projects of different scales and forms
- Experience working directly with artists and creative people
- Experience working with a variety of partners
- Experience of audience engagement and marketing
- Experience working with Production Managers or technical teams
- Experience of writing and issuing contracts
- Experience managing budgets and cashflows
- Excellent IT skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Management skills
- Excellent financial literacy
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interest in and commitment to the arts and culture
- Commitment to inclusion in all its forms
- Organised and efficient
- Able to manage various priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to lead teams
- Able to contribute confidently to group discussions whilst giving space to others
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.