|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||10/12/2020 - 23:59|
|Start date:||January 2021|
Post Production & Tech Trainee
Do you have enthusiasm for television and the ability to recognise what makes good audio and video content? Then read this exciting new production role below...
Daisybeck Studios is an independent television production company based in Leeds, UK.
They have been producing quality Factual, Factual Entertainment and Event programming since 2013.
Our output ranges from single high profile documentaries to multi-episodic series for the leading terrestrial and digital broadcasters in the UK & their programmes are distributed around the world.
Daisybeck Studios is recruiting a Post Production & Tech Trainee.
What You Will Learn
- The trainee will be introduced to the procedures and the equipment used by our Post Production teams. They will learn how to undertake operational tasks associated with Media Management & Post Production, including ingest and copying of various media formats
- Under direction of their colleagues, they will be able to assist with or undertake other procedures in Post Production, including basic Editing, Sync Pulls, playouts, auto-conforms, format conversions, file transfers and legalising
- This training will allow the individual to help prepare showreels, promos & social media content across all platforms
- They will be shown how to set up of editing and ancillary equipment for specific productions
- The Trainee position will be expected to assist with ‘Drive Runs’ and the transport of equipment between the main base and the locations
- Develop and maintain high standards of technical operation and customer service in an operational environment
- Proactively develop a good working knowledge of all Post Production systems and workflows
- The role will provide a basic understanding of relevant broadcast technologies and delivery requirements via informal training and self-directed learning and allow them to develop a good working knowledge of all Post Production systems and workflows
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Daisybeck Studios output and that of its competitors
- An awareness of Avid Media Composer or other editing software or a keen interest in Post Production for Television
- Excellent aural and visual judgement
- Understanding of the fundamentals of audio and video, including digital technologies and formats
- Familiarity with the television production process
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well with a wide range of people at different levels.
- An interest in audio / visual kit and ancillaries required in Television Production
- Enthusiasm for television and ability to recognise what makes good audio and video content
- Ability to plan and organise
- Strong computer literacy and a keen interest in IT
- Ability to work flexibly, learn new production technologies and adapt to new ways of working
- Communication – the ability to get your message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Resilience – can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups
Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in your own organisation or job requirements
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- A willingness to learn and become a member of Post Production and Technical Support
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group which is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.