|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||19/10/2021 - 17:00|
Marketing and Admin Assistant
Are you an entry-level candidate with a passion for comedy and/or audio entertainment, and desire to develop your marketing skills?
Plosive is an award-winning production company, creating live comedy shows, festivals and audio content. They produce podcasts including Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster, Cuddle Club with Lou Sanders, Nobody Panic and The Rob Auton Daily Podcast. They also produce live comedy shows across the country, including large-scale and outdoor gigs in London, the Wells Comedy Festival in Somerset, and solo shows. Plosive promotes live shows of hit podcasts including Off Menu, Films to be Buried With and Nobody Panic.
Plosive is looking for a Marketing and Administration Assistant to support the Company Director and Producer in running marketing campaigns for their live shows and podcasts, and assist with the day-to-day running of the company and office. This full-time role is permanent with a 3-month probationary period.
- Assisting with marketing campaigns (e.g. booking social media advertising, arranging poster and flyer deliveries, creating newsletters etc) for live shows and podcasts
- Liaising with venues, arranging on sales of shows
- Liaising with designers to arrange artwork for online and print
- Monitoring sales and coordinating marketing activity
- Securing press coverage
- Updating social media and websites
- Creating and subtitling promotional videos
- Transcribing podcast episodes
- Drafting and distributing contracts
- Organising and booking travel and accommodation
- Diary management of Company Director and Producer
- Diary management of in-house recording studio
- Fielding phone calls and incoming emails
- Office management: ordering supplies, dealing with contractors
- Assisting the Producer and Company Director in the production of audio series and podcasts
- Representing Plosive at comedy and arts events and festivals in the UK and potentially beyond, developing relationships within the industry and acting as ambassador for Plosive’s work
- Assisting with the running of live shows, including travelling to the Edinburgh Fringe or other national tour dates as and when required
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in contemporary comedy and podcasts
- General administrative support and other duties as required by the role
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Enthusiasm for comedy, with a passion for the shows and podcasts that Plosive produces
- Excellent problem-solving, project management and organisational skills
- Good time management and the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to generate imaginative solutions to creative challenges
- A creative approach to marketing
- IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Photoshop
- Knowledge of or an interest in the comedy podcast and radio landscape
- The willingness and dedication to learn new skills as required
This is a varied and rewarding role, and training is available on the job. Due to the broad scope of the role, Plosive does not expect applicants to have experience of all of the above, and would support the right candidate to gain the experience they need.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.