|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Peters Fraser & Dunlop|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
Foreign Rights and Contracts
Do you have a desire to work with literary talent and a genuine interest in contracts? Explore this role with a leading agency...
Peters Fraser and Dunlop is a talent and literary agency based in London created in 1989. One of the oldest agencies in Britain, and a co-founder of the Association of Authors' Agents, it is home to a distinguished and varied client list. They represent a wide-ranging list of clients including high profile authors and literary estates such as Simon Schama, Bear Grylls, Edna O’Brien, Jeanette Winterson, Georges Simenon, Rebecca West and Mervyn Peake.
Literary agency Peters Fraser + Dunlop has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and highly organised Foreign Rights and Contracts Assistant. The role will be based in the foreign rights and contemporary classics departments, reporting to both department heads. The role is full time with at least two days working in the London office, once government restrictions allow.
- Processing, negotiating and executing contracts as well as monitoring contract progress.
- Invoicing and keeping track of payments.
- Ensuring departmental spreadsheets and databases are updated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaising with clients and international publishers as well as other departments within PFD.
- General office administration for the foreign rights and contemporary classics departments.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in contracts
- A keen eye for detail
- Be confident managing a high volume of administration work
- The candidate will be highly organised, articulate, and confident in dealing with clients and publishers over the phone and email
- Some previous office experience is preferable
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.