|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Bureau of Investigative Journalism|
Open to all
Remote for the rest of the year
|Apply by:||16/08/2020 - 23:00|
Operations and Admin Assistant
Are you keen to join an innovative and fast growing organisation that is focused on impact and change in society? If so, apply now to join this leading investigative newsroom as an Operations and Admin Assistant...
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is a not-for-profit newsroom that focuses on in-depth, deep reporting that digs into important public interest issues. It is the largest independent investigative journalism organisation in the country.
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is looking to hire an Operations and Admin Assistant. This is a new role due to the growth of the organisation. You will be working closely with our Head of Operations, providing administrative support for HR functions, accounts, supporting the smooth running of the Bureau office and assisting the team with general and ad hoc operational and administrative tasks.
- Keep organised filing systems of funding contracts, insurance documents, HR contracts, leases, legal documents etc etc
- Maintain up to date log of passwords for accounts
- Order stationery and keep stock of stamps.
- Support organising of events eg. Sending out invites, managing guest list, catering, logistics
- Manage and arrange online subscriptions eg newspaper accounts
- Liaise with building manager as required – security, facilities, cleaners.
- Reconcile credit card and petty cash monthly.
- Prepare invoices and staff expenses claims for the Head of Operations.
- Keep track of when reports needed for funders and what they need
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Thorough and pay close attention to detail
- Proficient in use of excel software
- Discreet and honest
- Comfortable working independently and efficiently to deadlines
- Some previous experience in an office/admin environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.