|Salary or training bursary:|
12 months |
|Company:||Nobrow Ltd & Flying Eye Books|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||01/08/2021 - 17:00|
Are you hoping to break into illustrated book publishing as a budding designer? Don't miss this unique opportunity to join an independent publisher!
Nobrow is a small publisher headquartered in London, UK. Together with the children’s book imprint Flying Eye Books and a new literary list, Imprint 27, they publish around 35 new titles per year. Since its inception in 2008, Nobrow Ltd. has sought to make great design, ground-breaking art and narrative, luscious production values and environmental consciousness central to its mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for a design graduate or graphic designer who is interested in working on illustrated books. Some experience in publishing is desirable but not essential. You must have fluent knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. You will have a genuine passion for book design and illustration. You will enjoy working in a highly collaborative creative team of designers and editors and would be comfortable communicating with illustrators.
- Assisting the Art Director and design team with design projects
- Downloading, filing and inputting rough artwork into InDesign files
- Assisting with rough text layouts
- Assisting in feedback to artists
- Downloading and providing proofs, checking corrections, making barcodes
- Carrying out a range of admin tasks such as packaging and archiving files
- Colour correct and/or clean scanned artwork
- Providing departments with artwork / jpegs / PDFs from books
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Fluent in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop with working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
- Great communication skills: works well in a team and is highly collaborative
- Takes direction and is open to feedback
- Interested in learning how to colour correct art, work with pantones, make fonts
- Highly organised and can work well in a busy environment
- Must have energy, enthusiasm, and passion for all things design
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV with a cover letter telling us why you would like to work for Nobrow
- Send a PDF portfolio of your work (up to 8 pages, nothing over 4mb in file size)
- Once submitted, applications are final
- Do not contact the company directly
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.