|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||23/09/2021 - 17:00|
Assistant Theatre Manager
Check out this role if you want to use your organisational and communication skills to use, ensuring the smooth running of a London theatre!
Owned by Nica Burns and Max Weitzenhoffer, Nimax Theatres is an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation that owns and operates six theatres in the heart of London’s West End – the Apollo, Duchess, Garrick, Lyric, Palace and Vaudeville. Their theatres currently have a combined capacity of 5,000 seats and, in addition to hosting some of the UK’s most critically acclaimed and successful plays and musicals, present a busy and varied programme of comedy, concerts and children’s theatre.
Nimax Theatres are recruiting an Assistant Theatre Manager to join their team in this crucial role.
- Assist the Theatre Manager in the effective and efficient running of the venue, including compliance with statutory obligations, health and safety management, presentation and housekeeping, the retail activity and customer service standards
- Perform management duties for performances as per the rota
- Effective management of the front of house staff
- Deputise for the Deputy Theatre Manager / Theatre Manager as required
- A detailed breakdown of your daily duties will be available on applying
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ability to supervise and manage line reports and colleagues as necessary
- Ability to communicate confidently, verbally and in writing, with colleagues, line reports and members of the public
- Ability to work face to face with diverse customers in a confident way
- Ability to manage a till system
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends
- First Aid qualification
- Personal Licence qualification or understanding of licensing laws
- Ability to manage within an existing union agreement
- An understanding of Health & Safety compliance
- Experience of implementing customer service standards
- Experience in driving revenue from sales
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.