|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/07/2021 - 17:00|
Executive Producer, Stories of our Times
Are you excited about the potential of podcasting, with a journalistic background within a fast-paced news environment? You'll want to turn up the volume on this exciting role with Wireless.
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. They are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Their newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Wireless are offering an exciting and rare opportunity to join The Times and The Sunday Times and Wireless studios to manage and lead the award winning Stories of our Times daily podcast team. The role will require creativity, experience in narrative podcasting and a news background.
- Lead and manage the podcast programming team
- Manage podcast production, including budgets, staffing and creative
- Produce industry leading regular original daily podcast programmes
- Lead and encourage other members of the team in best-in-class digital podcast practices
- Act as advocate for the project across the wider News UK corporation
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility in the working hours is paramount
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Senior journalistic experience to manage a sizeable programme team
- Evidence of working as a producer to a high standard in a potentially stressful news environment
- Strong editorial/narrative judgement
- Ability to communicate on a leadership/executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions
- Audio storytelling with production on a successful podcast, news radio programme or relevant commercial podcasting know-how
- Must have experience editing audio and be familiar with software
- Extensive experience in a fast paced digital environment, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Strong cross-departmental collaborative skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.