|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||National Theatre of Scotland|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/09/2021 - 09:00|
Ready to pull back the curtains and show the National Theatre of Scotland your passion for marketing and theatre? This junior-level role is unmissable.
The National Theatre of Scotland place Scottish theatrical talent centre stage at home and on stages across the world. Their mission is to make exceptional, collaborative theatre that represents the complexity of modern Scotland, and to take that theatre to their communities and beyond.
The National Theatre of Scotland are seeking a Marketing Assistant to assist in implementing marketing and sales campaigns, nationally and internationally, working as part of the Audience and Media team. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the company’s future and contribute to the cultural life of Scotland. They are looking for candidates with excellent organisational skills, who are collaborative, flexible and excited by the prospect of a career in the arts in Scotland.
- Support the delivery of marketing campaigns in relation to productions, recruitment and other opportunities that arise
- Use craft content management system to ensure the National Theatre of Scotland What’s On website pages are up to date, accurate, and offering the best customer service experience
- Collect of audience data and audience research and prepare reports and analysis as required
- Write effective and accurate marketing copy where appropriate for National Theatre of Scotland
- Support the delivery of audience development initiatives by researching, contacting and developing relationships with relevant groups
- Assist in maintaining regular contact with touring venues’ Marketing, Box Office and Front of House departments, and provide them with all the necessary information (brochure text, pictures, box office packs, ticket holds, print, etc.)
- Spektrix administrator, working with others in the team to ensure the database and Box Office system (Spektrix) is up-to-date and accurate, delivering support to other users across the company, keeping data organised efficiently and ensuring all practices meet GDPR best practice standards
- Set up all performances and events on Spektrix
- Coordinate the proofing of all marketing communication as required, both internally and with external partners.
- Manage the National Theatre of Scotland’s print store, including sourcing quotes for print production, and organising the timely delivery of all print to venues, outdoor media and distribution companies
- Plan, coordinate and manage the National Theatre of Scotland’s merchandise stock and online shop, including production of items, listing on Spektrix, maintaining and updating the shop to increase revenue and promote the company’s brand, fulfilling orders and arranging for delivery of stock to venues
- Provide cover for the National Theatre of Scotland Reception in the absence of the Office Administrators as required
- Maintain a high standard of customer care
- Use ICT applications to service the post’s administrative needs
- Work towards the achievement of National Theatre of Scotland’s organisational goals
- As the post holder may be the first point of contact for many external organisations and individuals, he/she is expected to remain up to date with, and be aware of, developments within National Theatre of Scotland and its work
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Demonstrable interest in marketing
- Appetite for learning
- Confident used of Microsoft-based packages, in particular Excel (data entry, functions, formulas, charts/graphics, and effective sales and financial reporting)
- Ability to deal with a high-volume workload in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- A positive, proactive and flexible approach
- An interest in theatre and the arts would be desirable
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.