|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Maternity Cover - 12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/01/2021 - 12:00|
Deputy Head of Planning
Calling all who are knowledgeable about the theatre production processes! Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity…
The National Theatre is dedicated to making the very best theatre and sharing it with as many people as possible. The National stage around 20 productions in their three theatres (Olivier, Lyttleton and Dorfman) each year, ranging from re-imagined classics to new work by contemporary writers and theatre-makers. The work they make strives to be as open, as diverse, as collaborative and as national as possible.
The National Theatre is looking for a Deputy Head of Planning to join them on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover).
- Managing the day to day scheduling of the National Theatre’s auditorium and ancillary spaces working within logistical, technical, marketing, contractual and artistic guidelines
- This involves keeping abreast of all Productions, Projects, Events, Activities and Construction projects ensuring that they co-exist as well as possible and are scheduled as efficiently as possible
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience and knowledge of working in theatre, particularly of the production process
- Have a mind for logistics and problem solving and the capacity for a great deal of detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and communicate across all departments of the theatre and demonstrate diplomacy at all times
- The ability to produce fast, accurate work to a high level of presentation and an ability to proofread
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload on multiple workstreams simultaneously
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.