|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Salary or training bursary:|
11 Months |
|Company:||The British Museum|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/11/2020 - 23:59|
|Start date:||Placements begin January 2021|
Museum Futures Training Programme
Calling all museum & gallery enthusiasts! Are you confident in using digital technology and want to start your career in this field? Take a look at this brilliant opportunity...
Museum Futures is a full-time, year-long, paid traineeship focused on building digital skills in museums. This programme is managed by the British Museum with support from The National Lottery Heritage Fund. Trainees are recruited locally by host organisations across the UK. Trainees will earn a tax-free bursary of £14,650 (£16,650 tax-free for London-based trainee) and work towards a Level 3 Diploma in Cultural Heritage. Placements begin January 2021.
The following organisations will be recruiting trainees to begin placements in January 2021
- The Atkinson (Southport)
- Culture Perth and Kinross (Perth)
- The Fitzwilliam Museum (Cambridge)
- Museum of Cardiff (Cardiff)
- Museum of East Anglian Life (Stowmarket)
- National Football Museum (Manchester)
- South West Heritage Trust (Taunton)
- The British Museum (London)
Knowledge, skills, experience
- They are looking for trainees that live locally to the host organisations
- Confidence in using digital technology and keen to grow digital skills related to museum collections
- This traineeship is aimed at early entrants to museums so they are particularly interested in applicants that are 18-24 years old and without an undergraduate degree (those with a post-graduate degree or more than 6 months experience in museums are not eligible to apply)
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.