|Industry:||Television and Film|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/03/2021 - 23:59|
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about children's entertainment, media and music? Then look no further than this brilliant role with Moonbug Entertainment...
Moonbug Entertainment is a global entertainment company that creates and distributes inspiring and engaging stories to expand kids’ worlds and minds. Founded in 2018, Moonbug creates, produces and publishes thousands of minutes of video and audio content every month, with the goal of teaching compassion, empathy and resilience to kids around the world.
Moonbug is looking for a Music Director to join their team. You will be working on the most popular digital first children's IP such as Little Baby Bum, Blippi, Cocomelon and Morphle. You will help develop, direct and execute the sound design and portfolio of these and various other Moonbug IPs. You will work alongside and with their creative teams based in London and Los Angeles, and their production and music teams based in London.
- Oversee the music and sound direction of all Moonbug properties; from both a creative and production perspective all the way from development to production through to final delivery, for digital and premium platforms
- Improve the music of all Moonbug properties, elevating the overall quality
- Work closely with various departments (Production, Marketing, Channel Operations, Distribution) to ensure creative/music development is aligned with company goals and objectives
- Create and direct music briefs for composers, lyricists, singers, sound designers, production team and other Music Production personnel internally and externally: and help negotiate rates on various projects and IPs
- Other responsibilities where necessary as per the nature of the role
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in music production in and/or TV/Digital/Theatre
- Preferably a background in children's or preschool music creation
- Musician with a knowledge and range of various musical genres and styles
- A current and up to date working knowledge of DAW (Logic, Cubase, etc)
- Broad network of composers, songwriters and lyricists and agency contacts in music and children's space
- Experience managing music production budgets
- Excellent communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal forms of communication, particularly when it comes to emails, briefs, and pitches
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.