|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Moon Lane Books|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/09/2021 - 17:00|
Are you a book-lover with impeccable customer service skills? Do you have a friendly disposition and work well as part of a team? Don’t miss this unique role.
Moon Lane Books CIC is an independent bookshop dedicated to raising equality in children's books: equality of access, representation and roles in the publishing roles. Their mission is to raise equality in children’s books by identifying barriers and finding practical and impactful ways to overcome them. They support authors and books that explore the diversity of the human experience; whether it be gender, race, sexuality, socio-economic background, or accessibility needs. They work with local school to diversify their libraries and book corners and support their community through festivals and events.
As part of the Moon Lane team you will have the opportunity to share incredible books with customers. You'll confidently make recommendations and assist customers on the shop floor. You'll provide key support to the manager and other members of the team.
This full-time role includes weekend days (Wednesday - Sunday).
- Assisting customers on the shop floor, over the phone and via email
- Making recommendations and serving customers at the till
- Processing customer orders whether orders are placed in person, over the phone or via email
- Helping with events, including festivals, book signings, storytelling sessions and looking after visiting authors and publicists
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current titles, new titles and changes in the market
- Sharing news about new releases, instore and online events across social media platforms
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, such as unpacking, stock replenishment and tidying
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You are driven by a need for greater diversity in publishing
- Strong team-work skills
- Adaptable and work well under pressure
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate at all levels.
- Administrative experience
- Social media skills
- Familiarity with a diverse range of inclusive children’s books
- Retail or customer service experience
- Event planning experience
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.