|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/11/2021 - 17:00|
PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive/Press Officer
Keen to progress your career in PR? Want to specialise in sports, fitness, or entertainment? Don't miss this exciting opportunity to Mongoose.
Mongoose is a specialist Sports, Fitness and Entertainment Agency. They deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Events. Creativity focussed and commercially aware, their boutique, integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make businesses grow. They do this by using their expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. They are proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, The North Face, Jacksonville Jaguars and Sail GP.
Mongoose are looking for an Account Executive/Press Officer to join the communications team, delivering media coverage on client campaigns and programmes for the best possible results. It’s a very varied role which involves a healthy dose of media relations, writing and creative thinking, together with reporting and admin. Reporting into the Account Managers, you will get involved with brand planning brainstorms, client meetings and media events.
- Develop a personal ‘book of contacts’ full of key journalists and influencers
- Ongoing proactive media relations through a mix of face to face meetings, emails, calls and social media
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the UK media landscape incl. national, online, broadcast, bloggers, vloggers, social influencers
- Work with account teams to deliver client projects, campaigns and programmes, from manning a press office and helping deliver media events to implementing high-profile, multi-channel campaigns
- Researching target media for a particular campaign, researching and booking spokespeople and celebrities, event management, venue research, researching and booking competition slots, sourcing products and props for shoots, mail-outs etc
- Provide on-event support as directed by Account Managers.
- Craft copy that’s engaging, compelling, persuasive, on message and brand
- Content can include: media releases, journalist pitch emails, digital content, opinion pieces, case study backgrounders, feature articles, briefings materials, research reports, advertorial and competition copy
- Apply smart, creative, lateral thinking across everything you do, incl. media relations and content development – always question how you can deliver even more engagement, more stand-out
- Immerse yourself in industry news and happenings relevant to your clients, make sure you have your finger on the pulse and proactively share relevant ideas and insights with the wider team
- Take part in and actively contribute to team brainstorms across all team accounts
- Liaise with clients and support client teams as and when required
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of clients’ brands, their competitors and the sector / category and industry they operate in
- Prepare meeting agendas and contact reports
- Conduct research for and contribute to new business proposals as and when required
- Take minutes at meetings and circulate as and when required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Act with confidence and energy in external meetings
- Demonstrate a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, offering help and support across the teams as and when required
- Integrate with the wider team, take the initiative to get involved with agency activities such as social media channels, lunch’n’learns, social events etc
- Be a team player, always supporting your colleagues and helping when needed
- Show accountability, and take ownership of and responsibility for your tasks and actions
- Creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consistency in terms of performance and outputs
- Act with confidence and energy in the office
- Thirst to learn and develop new skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ambitious self-starter
- Ideally have one or more years of PR experience
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.