|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Manchester International Festival|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/02/2021 - 23:59|
Head of HR
Calling all HR managers! Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to play a leading role in an international festival that showcases Manchester stories and talent….
Manchester International Festival (MIF) launched in 2007 as the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events. It is an artist-led festival staged every two years, presenting new works from across the spectrum of performing arts, visual arts and popular culture, at venues and spaces across the city. As well as the biennial festival, MIF will also run and commission a year-round artistic programme for The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the centre of Manchester. MIF want to bring together a talented team of people, reaching out into every corner of Manchester and harness the talent and energy that is found across the city and beyond.
Manchester International Festival is excited to announce they are looking for an integral Head of HR to join their management team. This role works independently to support the Exec to meet key business objectives through a strategic approach to people management, challenges and opportunities.
- Be influential on projects that enhance their leadership and management capabilities, as well as design and deliver organisational development and learning projects that support cultural change with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion
- Lead on the development of policies, procedures and systems from a people perspective, all which support the core values of The Factory
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- CIPD qualified (Level 7) with proven HR experience at a management level
- Demonstrable experience of championing diversity at every level of the organisation
- A clear strategic and lateral thinker, able to support effective decision-making solutions in complex situations
- A demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent and current employment law knowledge
- Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
- Experience of design and delivery of organisational development and learning interventions, projects and programmes of work
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies & procedures, and integrated HR systems
- Experience of leading an HR function in an SME or similar, with a focus on the development of the HR team
- Enthusiasm for a range of arts and culture
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.