|Contract Type:||Freelance Opportunity|
|Salary or training bursary:|
26 Weeks 1 day a week or 4 days a month |
|Company:||Manchester International Festival|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/01/2021 - 23:59|
|Start date:||Mid-Februrary until the end of July|
Are you passionate about the difference arts and culture make to your communities? Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to participate in the running of an international festival that showcases Manchester stories and talent….
Manchester International Festival (MIF) launched in 2007 as the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events. It is an artist-led festival staged every two years, presenting new works from across the spectrum of performing arts, visual arts and popular culture, at venues and spaces across the city. As well as the biennial festival, MIF will also run and commission a year-round artistic programme for The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the centre of Manchester.
MIF want to bring together a talented team of people, reaching out into every corner of Manchester and harness the talent and energy that is found across the city and beyond. The next Festival will take place from 1-18 July 2021.
Manchester International Festival is now looking for enthusiastic freelance Audience Advisors to work closely with members of MIF’s Marketing and Creative Engagement team. This role is about championing Manchester International Festival (MIF) and The Factory (MIF’s future ‘year-round’ home), whilst shining a light on the amazing things groups, individuals and artists are doing in your local community.
To apply you must be a resident in Manchester and Greater Manchester.
- Build relationships with individuals, organisations and communities in creative ways to help us communicate and engage with audiences
- Develop ideas and strategies to engage your community
- Develop bespoke communications and campaigns
- Seek out organisations/groups that would be good to partner with MIF
- Host cultivation events
- Keep your community updated on The Factory and its opportunities
- Recommend local artists and events that you think we should know about
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge about your community, highlighting what issues are affecting people
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Be a resident in Manchester and Greater Manchester
- Passionate about the difference arts and culture can make to communities
- Excellent communication skills to create links with a diverse range of people that could benefit from MIF’s opportunities
- Able to work independently and creatively with the MIF team to develop strategies and opportunities to engage the city of Manchester
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.