|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||31/01/2021 - 23:59|
Media Engineering Internship Placements
Do you want to develop your workplace skills and experience while learning how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment? This could be the role for you...
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family.
As a Media Engineering intern, you will be conducting technical, administrative and organisational tasks for the team supporting Disney’s extensive Media Networks and Direct To Consumer platforms internationally.
Two internships are available: a Broadcast Technology and Operations intern and a Post Production intern. As a Broadcast Technology and Operations intern you will assist the media engineering team with support and development of othe media asset management and content supply chain systems. As a Post Production Support intern you will support the extensive Post Production facility comprised of broadcast online edit suites, graphics workstations and render farm, broadcast audio mixing suites and remote edit clients on laptops. These positions are with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment Disney calls Direct-to-Consumer and International.
- Updating documentation
- Logging support issues raised by Disney's end users into our ticketing systems
- Working with third party support teams to troubleshoot and resolve technology problems
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2022
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Strong MS Office skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Studying a Media Engineering related course
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.