|Salary or training bursary:|
5 Months (from the week of the 16th of August - early December 2021) |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||05/08/2021 - 17:00|
|Start date:||Mid-August 2021|
Feature Film Trainees (Electrical, Costume, Production, Props, Assistant Directors, Crowd Assistant Directors, Art Department, Set Decoration and SFX)
Are you looking to break into filmmaking as a career? Do you live in or near London, or are you able to relocate? Are you from an underrepresented community? If it's three ticks, keep on reading...
We are delighted to be recruiting for trainees to work on a large feature film, as part of the Set Access programme. Trainee internships are available across multiple departments within the production.
Whilst details of the project are being kept under wraps for time being, this will be a large-scale action production with a lot of opportunities to get a real insight into the filmmaking process.
The team are looking for trainees in the following departments:
- Electrical (Lighting)
- Assistant Directors
- Crowd Assistant Directors
- Art Department
- Set Decorating
The filming will all be based in/around London (mainly West). All successful candidates must be based in or near the city or be able to relocate.
Trainees will start at some point in the week commencing 16th August 2021 (although there is some flexibility with this, and departments may be willing to push start dates by a week or two). The contracts will run up until early December and will typically be for 40hrs a week, Monday-Friday.
You must be prepared to follow Covid policies and be tested weekly (or possibly more than weekly, dependent on the department). Production will cover the costs of all covid tests, PPE etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Applicants must have a genuine passion for pursuing a career in the film industry and must have a desire to work in the department they are applying to.
- No prior experience on set is necessary, but we ask that all candidates commit to the role for the duration of the traineeship.
- Due to the nature of the production, all trainees will be asked to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), which means you are not allowed to disclose any details of the production (e.g. cast, story etc) to anyone outside of the production, including friends and family.
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Please, make sure you display demonstrable interest in film throughout your cover letter and answer the following:
1. Which department would you like to apply to and why (if you are interested in multiple departments, please list a first choice and a backup choice)?
2. Why would you be interested in working on a MARV film production?
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This is a positive action scheme for candidates from ethnically diverse backgrounds only.