|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Little Angel Theatre|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/06/2021 - 10:00|
Are you passionate about supporting this puppet theatre in developing and facilitating its tour? Check out this upcoming role.
Little Angel Theatre is a home for puppetry. Since its doors first opened in 1961 the theatre has been dedicated to creating and sharing inspiring stories. Puppetry is at the heart of this innovative theatre, from igniting the imaginations of the youngest minds to equipping tomorrow’s puppeteers with the tools they need to succeed.
The Tour Manager will have overall responsibility for Little Angel’s touring programme, promoting the shows to venues and schools and booking the tours.
- Managing multiple tours annually (generally 4-6), including at least one at Christmas
- Securing bookings for tours
- Managing the administration and logistics of each tour, including: coordinating all touring schedules and managing booking process
- Contracting creative teams and company members for tours, in line with LAT templates and industry standards (including organising DBS checks for all company members)
- Negotiating financial deals and contracting theatre venues, schools, libraries and community centres
- Coordinate casting, auditions, R&D & rehearsals (hiring space/contracts/travel) for touring shows as required
- Coordinate set, puppet and costume maintenance/repairs/builds for touring shows as required
- Source props, materials, costume and puppeteer gloves for touring productions
- Within parameters set by the Executive Director, create detailed budgets for each show
- Organisation of invoices, receipts, petty cash and per diems before, during and after all tours
- Negotiating deals with venues and processing and checking all contracts from all touring venues
- Support marketing of touring productions, working with the Marketing Manager
- Liaising with venue marketing departments regarding copy, images, print runs, brochure proofs, over printing and press releases
- Day-to-day administration relating to the touring programme, including responding to general enquires via phone, post and email
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of working on tour booking, including contracting, and understanding the income, technical and marketing expectations of venues
- Up to date knowledge of theatre industry standards and working practices
- Experience of working on professional productions, including budget administration
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Practical problem-solving abilities, with the ability to be calm under pressure
- First rate inter-personal and communication skills with people of varying levels of seniority and experience
- The ability to work positively in collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders, and motivate colleagues
- A desire to work with artists from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A passion for delivering work for young people
- A hands-on attitude, willing to work adaptively in a small team, supporting the delivery of events for the best possible outcome for the audiences / beneficiaries, company members and venues
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.