|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months (initially) |
|Company:||Little Angel Theatre|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/08/2021 - 10:00|
Do you have an interest in theatre and experience in website editing, social media and administration? If so, this role might be just for you...
Little Angel Theatre is a home for puppetry. Since its doors first opened in 1961 the theatre has been dedicated to creating and sharing inspiring stories. As well as an internationally recognised theatre with productions touring throughout the UK and across the globe, Little Angel Theatre also has its roots in Islington, and works with its local, diverse community to break down barriers to arts engagement so all can benefit and enjoy this remarkable art form.
Their team are looking for a Marketing Administrator, who will support the Marketing and Communications Manager in delivering the theatre’s marketing, press and customer experience strategies. The Marketing Administrator will play an integral part in meeting box office targets, maximising audience attendance and representing the theatre on social media, online and in print. In addition, the successful candidate will support the Touring Manager in administering and promoting LAT’s touring programme.
- Proofread the six-monthly season brochure and all other LAT branded print, including flyers and posters
- Support print distribution and display both at LAT and within the local community including posters, flyers and brochures
- Support the implementation of LAT’s social media strategy across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Design creative and innovative content to engage audiences across these platforms
- Edit the website using WordPress, ensuring all content is kept up-to-date
- Create an engaging and well-written regular e-newsletter, using Spektrix to identify focused audience segments
- Assist the Marketing Manager and Box Office and Data Manager in putting new shows, courses and classes on sale and promoting them to audiences
- Work with the Marketing Manager and an external PR agency on the organisation of press performances
- Assist the Touring Manager with the tour booking process and organise the design and distribution of all touring print
- Create marketing packs for tours and provide venues with marketing support
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of website editing, ideally using WordPress
- Experience using social media; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent copy-writing and proof reading skills
- Time management skills and the ability to manage a busy schedule
- Confident in using Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience of video platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or online design software such as Canva
- Video editing and photography skills
- Knowledge of box office systems, ideally Spektrix
- Interest in theatre/puppetry or related artform
- Experience working in a family-friendly theatre or arts venue
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.