|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/08/2021 - 17:00|
Development Assistant (Supporter Engagement)
This unique opportunity will see the right candidate join the team behind Leeds Playhouse!
Leeds Playhouse is a vital theatre. They are a creative hub for the city and beyond, a place where people and communities come to tell and share stories; to experience world class theatre that is pioneering, invigorating and relevant. They are dedicated collaborators seeking out the best companies and individual artists locally, nationally and internationally to create inspirational theatre here in Leeds at the heart of Yorkshire.
Leeds Playhouse are seeking a Development Assistant (Supporter Engagement). They will be recruiting a collaborative, enthusiastic and self-motivated customer care-focused individual to join them in the role of Development Assistant (Supporter Engagement) within the Fundraising & Development Team, to assist the delivery of a supporter engagement strategy.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of supporter benefits including
- Be the day-to-day contact within the Development team for booking of supporters’ tickets
- Monitor ticket usage and encourage uptake by members/sponsors
- Co-ordinate a programme of supporter communications including composing and sending of newsletters, event reports and social media activity
- Liaise with other Playhouse departments to deliver supporter benefits including meet and greets, access to rehearsals, special events etc.
- Work alongside the Commercial and Operations Team on event delivery
- Stewardship of supporters/ represent the Playhouse/ act as Playhouse host for Press nights, Brooke Room and other Development and Playhouse events
- To support the Development Team to deliver benefits for sponsors and corporate supporters
- To work with the Development Team on fundraising priorities and development and delivery of campaigns
- To update the Fundraising & Development pages of the website with content, including photographs, videos
- To research new fundraising opportunities, and to look out for new opportunities in the city
- To liaise with Box Office and Marketing & Communications to understand attendance of Playhouse supporters and VIPs at the Playhouse
- To support the team when making applications and producing reports for supporters and other fundraising activity
- To contribute to the delivery of all aspects of the Fundraising Strategy as directed by the Head of Development
Knowledge, skills, experience
- An interest in, or curiosity for, theatre
- Understanding of how good customer service and donor care can have a real impact on continued giving and engagement.
- Experience of working with customers, donors and communicating appropriately and relevantly
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with notice
- Time management and prioritisation skills: can manage multiple competing priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- A proven ability to solving problems and creative thinking
- A strong team player, happy communicating with colleagues at all levels
- Strong IT skills and ability to pick up new software packages quickly as needed
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.