|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||King's Head Theatre|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/05/2021 - 23:59|
Are you a passionate leader and familiar with the current landscape of UK theatre? This could be the next role for you...
The King’s Head Theatre was founded in 1970 and leads fringe theatre at its iconic 110 seat Islington venue, as well as further afield. It is committed to feeding the theatre pipeline with diverse talent and supporting the development of the industry leaders of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees and working closely with the Executive Director, who is joint CEO, the Artistic Director is responsible for creating and delivering (in collaboration with the Board) the King’s Head Theatre’s artistic programme and strategy. The Artistic Director works in tandem with the Executive Director to create and implement policies, manage relationships with external stakeholders and to deliver on major projects; specifically and most prominently, the capital campaign resulting in the historical King’s Head Theatre moving into Islington Square.
- Direct productions for the King’s Head Theatre
- Constantly search for diverse, emerging talent by seeing work, reading scripts and meeting artists
- Pursue artistic excellence across all work the King's Head Theatre present, everywhere, at all times
- Lead on the selection and creation of the in-house and elsewhere programme of work, including creative teams and company casting
- With the Producer, programme and support visiting peak and late-night work
- Co-lead with ED to prepare annual budgets for approval by Board
- Co-lead with ED to plan, prepare and deliver board papers at quarterly meetings
- Support the ED on devising and delivering the strategy for achieving the contributed income needed to ensure Islington Square happens including individual giving, trusts and foundations, business support and events
- Co-lead with ED in cultivating and stewarding excellent personal relationships with significant funders
- Alongside the ED, lead on the financial management of the company, working alongside key accountancy partners, to create appropriate financial models, annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Clarity of artistic vision
- Proven, high-quality theatre-making experience
- Familiarity with the current landscape of UK theatre
- Driven by the desire to make the King’s Head Theatre an inclusive and diverse theatre
- Proven decision-making ability
- Experience of successful fundraising
- Thorough understanding of theatre management and the production process
- Knowledge of press and marketing
- Experience of budgetary responsibility
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to take risks and inspire confidence
- Ability to manage and motivate people with both clarity and kindness
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.