|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||08/03/2021 - 23:59|
Overnight Producer, ITV News
Calling all journalists! Don't miss this exciting hybrid and multi-skilled role requiring both desk-based and fieldwork...
ITN is one of the world's leading news and multimedia content companies. They create, package and distribute news, entertainment, factual, sports, commercials and corporate content on multiple platforms to customers around the globe. For sixty years ITN has been at the heart of the media landscape, internationally recognised for their quality, integrity and creativity. Combining their experience honed as one of the UK’s foremost media companies with cutting edge technology and expertise, ITN is the home of compelling content and creative innovation. They make the award-winning news programmes for ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, reaching around 10 million people every day and providing comprehensive and impartial news to the British public.
ITN is looking for talented multimedia journalists to join their newsroom in central London. The central role of the job is to create high quality digital and video content for all ITV News platforms. The successful candidate should have experience of filming news picture and sequences to a high standard. Experience in producing written and video digital content for search, social and direct audiences is also required as well as experience of the Ofcom guidelines.
- To research stories and use journalistic skills to find and develop stories
- Contribute fully to the digital platforms in the field and provide video, stills and content for them
- Demonstrate distinctive judgement about digital storytelling – with confidence about what elements will resonate with an online audience and what will perform on different platforms
- Generate ideas for stories and multimedia coverage, as well as write punchy and original headlines for digital platforms
- Provide imaginative treatments for complex stories and present complex ideas simply and in a compelling manner
- Ensure stories are accurate, comply with the law and relevant regulations, and work in accordance with ITN guidelines on health and safety in the office and in the field
- To operate a camera and associated equipment, often under pressure, always to a high standard
- Undertake live transmissions by a variety of means including cellular technology
- To use initiative and make editorial/operational decisions in the field as well as the ability to take direction and carry out instructions from the newsdesk
- Maintain equipment and ensure equipment is in correct working order at all times
- Take responsibility for health and safety in the field
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in producing content for a network or regional news organization
- Experience in publishing digital news content (examples required)
- Practical experience as a working camera operator
- Evidence of creative camerawork and filming under time pressure
- Some experience with video, in particular using either AVID Newscutter, Adobe Premiere or other media technology to produce video is desirable
- Demonstration of highest standards of spelling, punctuation and grammar across digital platforms
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and professional attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think laterally
- Flexibility in terms of working pattern
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.