|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||MAST Mayflower Studios|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/08/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have experience working within HR and a desire to work within the theatre? Well look no further than this role...
Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent not-for-profit theatre in the south of the UK. They present a wide range of shows including large-scale musicals, opera, and dance.
MAST Mayflower Studios opened in May 2021 as a multi art-form performance, participation space, and a creative hub with the aim to engage with partners who are committed to developing the potential of the creative community in Southampton, giving opportunities for all and helping achieve Southampton’s aspiration to be City of Culture in 2025.
They looking for an experienced HR Manager to join their busy and friendly HR team as well as being part of the overall Leadership team for the theatre.
- Manage the HR team on a day to day basis
- Provide support and advice to all staff on a wide range of HR topics and issues, including recruitment, training and development, employee relations.
- Deputise for Head of HR in their absence
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of the HR department’s business objectives.
- Be a proactive member of the Leadership team.
- Represent the organisation at a city and national level at appropriate forums
Knowledge, skills and experience
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of employment law
- Experience in managing large volumes of recruitment
- An awareness of diversity and inclusion issues, trends and legislation, and a pro-active approach to keeping up-to-date with best practice
- Experience in designing company policies like anti-discrimination and equal employer opportunity
- Professional HR qualification to level 7 or equivalent
- An organised and methodical approach to planning and organising workload
- Experience as a coach, trainer, mentor
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.