|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London (currently remote)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/12/2020 - 09:00|
|Start date:||Early 2021|
Heritage Rights Executive/Assistant
Are you passionate about 20th-century writers? If you are highly organised, don't miss this fantastic opportunity...
Curtis Brown is one of the world’s leading literary and talent agencies, representing actors, presenters, authors, playwrights, film and television writers and directors and theatre directors.
Curtis Brown is looking for a Heritage Rights Executive/Assistant with a love for old books to work closely alongside Norah Perkins and Becky Brown in the Curtis Brown Heritage Office. The role combines general administrative support for a busy office with the opportunity to manage translation rights for their literary estates.
- Creatively and enthusiastically manage social media channels (Twitter and Instagram)
- Be responsible for drafting Heritage contracts and managing the signature process and logging of all contracts and for the invoicing and chasing of all monies
- Administer the high volume of permission requests received
- Provide support to the two Heritage agents across their key literary estates (including Douglas Adams, Iris Murdoch, Iain Banks, Gerald Durrell and Isaiah Berlin) as well as managing the translation rights for a number of estates directly
- Extensive reading of over 150 writers’ books, particularly with a view
to developing television and film projects
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Have read widely across Heritage’s client list
- Ideally have over 12 months experience of working in a related role, either in the publishing industry or an adjacent cultural sector
- Curtis Brown would be delighted to consider candidates based outside of London
- Be hyper-organised, self-starting, and a clear communicator
- Have a demonstrable passion for 20th-century writers and a roll-your-sleeves-up approach to admin
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.