|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/10/2021 - 10:00|
Bring your experience of administrative work with theatres or entertainment environments to this role with a one-of-a-kind theatre company!
Headlong is one of the most ambitious and exciting theatre companies in the UK, creating exhilarating contemporary theatre: a provocative mix of innovative new writing, reimagined classics and influential twentieth century plays that illuminate our world. They make bold, ground-breaking productions with some of the UK’s finest artists. They take these industry-leading, award-winning shows around the country and beyond, into arts spaces and online, attracting new audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
Headlong are seeking an Assistant Producer to work closely with its producing team, supporting the Producers across all productions and projects, and ensuring artistic output is professionally and efficiently delivered. You’ll need experience of working in a professional theatre company and preferably knowledge of producing touring theatre.
- To liaise with the Producers and respond to the day-to-day producing needs of the Company by providing them with production support
- Support the Producers in ensuring all productions and projects meet health and safety requirements regarding COVID-19, and that Government guidelines are adhered to
- Coordinate casting requirements and rehearsal processes, sourcing and booking appropriate audition and rehearsal spaces, actor availability checks and to ensure technical requirements are met
- Support any production personnel and recruitment requirements for creative teams
- Generate from template, log, scan and dispatch all contracts and ensure that they are returned, scanned and filed appropriately
- Book travel and accommodation for all show personnel and Headlong staff as necessary and book cars and couriers for shows as required
- Support the set up and running of workshops and small scale projects
- To lead on workshops and small scale projects when appropriate
- Prepare, print and distribute scripts, contact sheets, information packs for performers in advance of tours and any other production paperwork as required
- Administer house seats as required
- Provide support for press nights as required and assist the Producers in organising other special events and attend as required
- Support the Producers, Artistic Director and Creative Associates in the delivery of Headlong Origins, and other Artist Development projects as required
- Support the Producers, Artistic Director and Communities Associate in the delivery of Headlong’s Communities Projects as required
- Work with the General Manager & Executive Assistant on administrative tasks as required
- Please note that a detailed breakdown of your duties will be available when applying
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Paid experience in a professional theatre or entertainment environment in an administrative support role
- Proven knowledge of the producing process and of working with artists
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel spreadsheets and digital skills
- An excellent telephone manner and good written communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- An organised team player, able to balance competing demands and work collaboratively with a broad range of people
- Experience of production budgeting and proven ability to deliver work within budgetary constraints
- Experience of touring theatre
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.