|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London (currently remote)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||07/12/2020 - 23:59|
Head of Publicity
Are you ambitious and prepared to lead a dynamic and creative team? Do you have real vision for the list as a whole and the future of that list and its authors, to drive sales, create Sunday Times bestsellers and win industry awards? Don't miss this exciting opportunity...
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is an award-winning, innovative and global independent publisher of fiction, non-fiction, children’s education, specialist trade, academic and professional publishing with offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney and New Delhi.
Bloomsbury is seeking a new Head of Publicity for Non-Fiction to lead its brilliant team of publicists in the trade division. Bloomsbury is a leading independent publisher in the UK with a non-fiction division that’s flourishing and award-winning. The publicity team have been behind recent successes and Sunday Times bestsellers such as Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race, Three Women, The Silk Roads, The Anarchy, The Book Trespass, Mudlarking, and the breakout book at the start of lockdown - Humankind by Rutger Bregman.
- Lead and manage the non-fiction publicity team and oversee campaign strategy for the entire non-fiction list, including handling the publicity for superlead titles and brand authors like Reni Eddo-Lodge, Rutger Bregman, Peter Frankopan, Lisa Taddeo, Patti Smith, David Kynaston and William Dalrymple.
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Someone with a proven track record in managing all aspects of high-profile publicity campaigns with excellent media contacts
- Have an in-depth understanding of the non-fiction market
- Have a natural interest in current affairs, engaged with what’s going on in the UK and the rest of the world
- Be incredibly ambitious for all the books on the list, and want your authors’ ideas to be part of the conversation and when possible, agenda-setting
- Be alert to shifts in the media landscape, with a desire for you and the team to collaborate with emerging media such as podcasts and online media platforms
- Devise and execute innovative showcase events for the list to the booksellers and the media, as part of list and brand management
- Be an ambassador for Bloomsbury’s non-fiction, helping to acquire new and exciting talent alongside the editorial, marketing and sales teams
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.