|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Mental Health Foundation|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||16/08/2020 - 23:30|
Head of Public Fundraising
Do you want to work for an organisation that believes that prevention is fundamental to effectively addressing the mental health crisis?
The vision of the Mental Health Foundation is good mental health for all. They work to prevent mental health problems, driving change towards a mentally healthy society for all, and support communities, families and individuals to live mentally healthier lives, with a particular focus on those at greatest risk. The Foundation is the home of Mental Health Awareness Week. They have pioneered change for over 70 years and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
They are recruiting for a Head of Public Fundraising, reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Communications to support their Individual Giving, Events and Community teams. The successful candidate will provide strategic lead to the Individual Giving, Events and Community, Database and Supporter Services activities, including Legacies & in memoriam to achieve the mission, value and strategic objectives. This will involve managing the overall Individual Giving and Events & Community programmes to innovate, engage and develop supporters, establishing future and sustainable income streams, through leading, shaping and managing teams to deliver multi-channel programmes.
- Lead on the planning and implementation of strategies that enable MHF to build long-term sustainable income by managing and developing relationships with individual supporters. Using a range of fundraising channels and approaches
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate management of data and supporter care function
- Providing management and leadership across Public Fundraising Team (PFT), ensuring fundraising objectives and targets are achieved, and that all project management, budgetary and planning expectations are met. Building on cross-organisation working including Trustees, the CEO and Directors to ensure that long-term developmental opportunities are maximised
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Evidence of effective working knowledge and development of strategies for individual giving and community fundraising across two or more of the following areas; legacy marketing, regular giving, cash appeals, donor acquisition, online giving, retention, supporter care, challenge events and community fundraising
- Experience at senior level of working collaboratively with colleagues in Programmes, Research & Policy and Communications to identify the work and stories most likely to be valuable to our fundraising approaches and to ensure that this is gathered and communicated effectively to supporters and potential donors
- Proven leader with demonstrated experience using a coaching and collaborative approach to managing teams and stakeholders
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.