|Industry:||Government & Policy|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||House of Lords|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||23/08/2020 - 23:30|
Head of Financial Reporting
Apply now to join the House of Lords as Head of Financial Reporting, providing support to the Finance Director and the Head of Finance...
The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK Parliament. It is independent from, and complements the work of, the elected House of Commons. The Lords share the task of making and shaping laws and checking and challenging the work of the government.
The House of Lords is looking for someone to join their team as the Head of Finance. The Finance Department, under the Finance Director, provides financial services to the House of Lords, including financial management and reporting, procurement and payment services. The main objective of the role is to provide professional financial and accounting advice and support to the Finance Director and the Head of Finance.
- Year-end accounts production
- Assist in the Estimates process and monitoring for the House
- Provide high quality financial information
- Assist in good financial governance and compliance
- Review and advise on business cases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Relevant financial management and accounting skills including an understanding of the public sector financial framework as it applies in central government
- Experience in producing annual financial accounts and working with external auditors
- The ability to review business cases, raising questions and challenges and making clear recommendations in a report
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing and the ability to explain complex issues to non-specialists, making them easy to understand
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.