|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/11/2020 - 23:59|
Head of Digital (Parental Leave Cover)
Do you have a proven track record of delivering commercial success in digital publishing? Then check out this exciting digital publishing opportunity below...
Octopus Publishing Group is an award-winning, non-fiction publisher producing titles on a wide range of subjects including food and wine, health and wellbeing, gardening and popular science. The group comprises of several imprints including Conran Octopus, Hamlyn, Mitchell Beazley, Aster, Philip’s, Spruce, Ilex, Miller’s, Cassell, Kyle Books, Summersdale, Pyramid, Endeavour and Monoray who all seek to produce the very best books in non-fiction publishing.
The Head of Digital position is an exciting opportunity to lead Octopus’s programme of digital products from acquisitions through publication and beyond, building a profitable e-book and audio list across both front list and back list titles and maximising digital opportunities. The role reports to the Group Publishing Director.
- Directing all e-book and audio content creation and delivery across all Octopus imprints, with responsibility for delivering the digital budget
- Involved in acquisitions decisions, working closely with other departments including editorial, sales, marketing and rights to maximise the potential of Octopus' digital product
- Working with the senior team to set the strategy for Octopus' digital programme and exploring new opportunities in the market
- Managing relationships with external suppliers, negotiating contracts and deliverables, and ensuring that the digital programme is delivered efficiently and effectively
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven track record of delivering commercial success in digital publishing
- Proven experience working with e-book and audio production
- Dynamic and self-motivated
- Commercially astute
- Problems-solvers, who can work independently and think strategically
- Creative and entrepreneurial, with a positive outlook
- Organised and adaptable, with excellent attention to detail
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.