|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||09/07/2020 - 23:00|
Head of Audience
Join this leading online newspaper and help expand it's global reach...
The Independent has been at the frontline of journalism since 1986, with its mission to challenge and debate always ahead of its time. Now a leading online news publisher, The Independent continues to deliver quality news that is free-thinking and free of bias.
The Independent is looking for a dynamic and experienced head of audience to grow its global reach and help lead and influence editorial strategy and workflows. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have a deep understanding of how to achieve growth and scale while ensuring the title’s subscription services thrive. It is vitally important the person for this job understands the nuances of the US market vs the rest of the world and the UK. This is a senior role leading a team of six and reporting directly into senior management.
- Inspire and manage a team of six audience editors
- Advise on publishing strategy and help lead on implementing best practice
- Complete understanding of all analytics platforms used to track the Independent and use them to map strategy and spot issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Act swiftly and vocally when issues arise
- Write engaging audience insights with full context and strategic suggestions
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of newsroom best practice and trends for audience on and off platform
- An understanding of how to balance a subscription vs scale model
- Comfortable presenting strategy to senior executives in an articulate and engaging manner, both in person and in report form
- A decisive problem solver, with the ability and attitude to influence colleagues into positive and timely action
- Candidates with newsroom experience are preferred, but those with an exceptional understanding of audience analysis across multiple platforms from other sectors will be considered