|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 17:00|
Marketing Assistant, Hodder Education
Are you looking to gain marketing skills and experience in educational publishing? In this exciting role you'll have a varied portfolio of responsibilities at the heart of a busy and collaborative team.
Hachette UK is a creative powerhouse and the UK’s second largest book publishing group. Their mission is to make it easy for everyone, everywhere, to unlock new worlds of ideas, learning, entertainment and opportunity. They’re made up of 10 autonomous publishing divisions and over 50 imprints with a rich and diverse history and an incredible range of authors.
Hodder Education has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join the secondary marketing team. You will provide effective administrative support to all members of the secondary marketing team, with additional support for key digital marketing activities, and be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of planned marketing campaigns. The Marketing Assistant will be based in London or the Banbury office and will report directly to the Head of Secondary and FE Marketing.
- Assisting with the design, production and distribution of marketing materials, in print and digital formats, for secondary print and digital publishing, events and magazines
- Using the Spirit CRM database to run datasets for the marketing team
- Providing support for essential website updates and assets
- Using the SAP system to process invoices and recording them on budget trackers
- Assisting the team with campaign analysis
- Setting up mailing codes and marketing-related ISBNs in Spirit and Biblio
- Assisting with digital marketing and social media campaigns for the team
- Researching and collating information for marketing presentations
- Creating and implementing own campaigns where appropriate
- Assisting on the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns such as order forms
- Providing administrative support including general enquiries, organising meetings
- Understanding the market and customers
- Suggesting and implementing new ways to save time and money
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You show owner mentality – proactive in initiating processes that benefit the company, and which are results-oriented and responsive
- You understand the customers, their needs and aspirations
- You have a meticulous eye for detail and have strong copy-writing skills
- You have an excellent standard of written and spoken English
- You can communicate and build positive working relationship with contacts at all levels
- You work collaboratively and enthusiastically as part of a team
- You are highly organised
- You are computer literate and have knowledge of, or aptitude for, relevant applications/systems
- You have work or other experience demonstrating reliability and responsibility
- You have an interest in or affinity with the lists
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.