|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/02/2021 - 23:59|
Rights Manager/Head of Rights, Bookouture
Want to take the next step in your publishing career? Don't miss this opportunity in a fast-growing company...
Hachette UK is a leading publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with their sister company in the USA. Bookouture is the fastest-growing digital publisher of commercial fiction – and part of Hachette UK. They have sold over 40 million books since they started 8 years ago, and 2020 was their best year yet.
Hachette is looking for a Rights Manager/Head of Rights to join their team. The successful candidate will report to the Contracts, Rights and Author Development Director, and sell translation rights globally for all Hachette's WAL titles.
- You will work with the editorial teams at all stages of the acquisitions process
- Acquire and exploit the best possible range of rights for Hachette's authors, and work with translation publishers and customers across the world to maximise the value of those rights for the authors
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Already have a successful career in rights selling, with excellent communication skills
- Be able to negotiate in a firm, fair and friendly way, whilst maintaining the values and interests of the company
- Have a clear idea of both the difficulties and the solutions to selling titles that are bestsellers in digital formats to translation publishers who are used to measuring success in print
- Commercially and financially literate, you will build strong relationships with publishers, agents and authors and work closely with colleagues in-house to provide feedback to editors for new acquisitions
- This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a company that is setting the pace for digital publishing in the UK
- Hachette are not only looking for great talent, but for people who make a habit of improving the way things are done, who embrace change and who enjoy applying science and tech to creativity
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.