|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/09/2021 - 17:00|
Commissioning Editor (Secondary Science), Hodder Education
Are you ready to take your background in educational commissioning to a new role with a major publisher?
Hachette UK is one of the UK’s leading publishing groups, comprised of ten publishers and over 50 imprints, with a rich and diverse history.
Hachette are now looking for someone to be a key part of the creative and commercial drive behind their Secondary Science publishing. You will use market research and insight to develop and deliver future plans in Science, commissioning print and digital materials. You will work closely with colleagues to build exciting ranges of resources and services for teachers and learners that will gain enthusiastic feedback and contribute to growing market share.
- Have commissioning responsibility across Secondary Science.
- Commission new titles and series based on market needs across print and digital media to ensure continued, profitable growth of the list.
- Spend lots of time talking with teachers, students, awarding organisations and potential partners.
- Support and develop authors, including providing feedback on manuscript.
- Develop your market knowledge and contacts.
- Actively and creatively manage backlist publishing.
- Contribute to commercial discussions including setting sales budgets for your titles.
- Work closely with colleagues in Sales and Marketing, Design and Production to develop your publishing collaboratively
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will have a demonstrable track record in educational commissioning, ideally in UK education, and are now looking to take greater list ownership.
- Experience of working with awarding bodies and leading authors would be very valuable.
- You will have worked on educational resources being developed in line with changing curriculum requirements and shown that you can balance curriculum demands with a deep knowledge of classroom teaching.
- You will also have the personality to develop successful and long-lasting partnerships with authors and educational partners.
- A background in science beyond post-16 education (e.g. A-level) would be an advantage in helping you to engage closely with your authors and their work.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.