|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
2 Years |
|Location:||London (currently remote)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/12/2020 - 10:00|
Do you have leadership experience or experience managing people? If you are passionate about supporting diverse artistic talent, don't miss this opportunity...
Studio Voltaire plays a unique role in the UK arts ecology by supporting diverse artistic talent to take risks and realise ambition. They work with artists at a pivotal stage in their career particularly with emerging and underrepresented practices. Their commissioning supports the realisation of artworks that might not be possible within commercial and larger institutional frameworks, commissioning artists to produce ambitious projects on their own terms. They contribute to the cultural landscape on a national level by programming touring exhibitions and offsite projects both nationally and internationally, reaching an audience of 250,000 annually.
Studio Voltaire is now seeking a General Manager. Working closely alongside Studio Voltaire’s Director and Managing Director, the successful candidate will play an important role in managing the gallery, office and studio building. The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the office and
the building, providing administrative support to the Managing Director, managing the front of house team and overseeing financial administration.
- Office management, including sourcing all office supplies, equipment, IT and cleaning
- Health & Safety, Fire Safety, including preparing risk assessments (general operation, programme and hires)
- Managing the Front of House team, including recruiting and training new team members, with support from the Managing Director
- Manages the action plans as set by Studio Voltaire's Accessibility and Environmental Sustainability strategies
- Manages relationships with studio artists and supports the programme team on administering the studio application process
- General financial administration and banking
- Works with all departments to support budgeting and financial control
- Preparation of management accounts and financial data for all board meetings
- Scheduling meetings, preparing for meetings, taking minutes HR
- Recruitment of Operations Coordinator (start date TBC) and Gallery Assistants; recruitment of Sales Assistant in liaison with the Head of House of Voltaire
- Leads on Studio Voltaire inclusive recruitment, training and development strategies, with the Managing Director and Director Capital Project
- Management of the office move and set up; including IT, studio and office fit-out
- Assists Managing Director with capital project administration including funding reports, budget updates and attending site meetings where relevant
- Demonstrates a commitment to Studio Voltaire’s Equality and Diversity Policy and adheres to Studio Voltaire's policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties deemed appropriate by the Director and Managing Director
Skills, knowledge, experience
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role or demonstrable transferable experience
- Meticulous organisational skills, including experience of implementing and improving administrative systems
- Experience of managing people, organising rotas, and the ability to demonstrate leadership and work flexibly within a team environment
- Excellent numerical skills and experience in managing budgets, databases and excel spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience of working as part of a small team and the ability to forge mutually–respectful and effective working relationships with a diverse group of personalities, including members of the Board, patrons, staff etc
- A flexible self–motivated approach to working and experience of multi-tasking, as well as an ability to prioritise and plan strategically
- Strong IT skills, with the confidence to manage both familiar and unfamiliar technologies and liaise with external IT support
- A highly motivated team player
- Excellent time management, planning and coordination skills
- Knowledge of health and safety and security for public buildings and venue
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.