|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||04/08/2021 - 10:00|
Would you like to support the team responsible for the running of Britain's only museum dedicated to gardens?
The Garden Museum has grown from strength to strength since they re-opened in 2017, programming more events, exhibitions and educational programmes than ever before. Five galleries of garden history and an archive of garden design are housed within a medieval and Victorian church, and a new extension is formed of two pavilions for learning and a café opening on to a new garden designed by Dan Pearson.
The Administrative Assistant will be a new role, joining their small team to help manage office management, museum administration and customer service. This important role will be based in the back of house office and will support the entire team; from public programmes, to marketing, to venue hire, and particularly the Development Manager and Head of Finance with their administrative duties. They will be the “go to” person for queries, and their efficiency and effectiveness will create an environment which will allow the Garden Museum to run smoothly
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Proven front line customer service (visitor/telephone) experience
- Excellent organisation and administration skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems, e.g. databases or website back of houses
- Ability to work calmly under pressure prioritising competing demands effectively
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
- Ability to work alone, as well as working co-operatively as a team member
- Experience of working in a museum, arts or heritage venue open to the public
- Experience of working with financial systems
- Experience of working with fundraising databases
- Experience of diary management
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.