|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/10/2021 - 17:00|
Junior Web Developer
If you’re passionate about helping to make the world a better place and you want to gain some hands-on experience as a web developer whilst doing that, this is the job for you.
Forward Action is a digital mobilisation agency for progressive causes. They help their partner organisations reach new supporters, then mobilise them to become activists and donors. They have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping their partners add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Forward Action are recruiting a Junior Web Developer who will build and support some of the technology that powers its programmes.
- Write code to set up A/B conversion rate optimisation tests to improve those pages, collecting analytics for the strategy team to analyse
- Contribute to the development of custom tools to support the partners’ work, such as this Union Finder or this map
- Assist in the development of internal tools, such as Blueprint, the petition and fundraising platform
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 6 months+ experience working professionally as a developer OR a relevant degree OR be a dedicated self-learner who has completed online web development courses
- Have a Github profile that shows off some recent examples of your work
- An eagerness to learn and grow as a developer
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience with PHP (specifically Laravel framework) and MySQL databases
- Experience working with SASS and utilising module bundlers such as Webpack or Parcel
- Experience creating and working on applications that consume external APIs
- Knowledge of Git and Github
- Experience with automated testing using Jest and/or PHPUnit
- Good understanding of UX best practises and accessibility guidelines
- Experience running A/B tests
- Experience working at an agency or as a freelancer
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.