|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 17:00|
Head of Copy & Creative
Do you know how to write the copy that drives people to act? Would you be excited to spread digital mobilisation across the charity sector?
Forward Action is a digital mobilisation agency for progressive causes. They help their partner organisations reach new supporters, then mobilise them to become activists and donors. They have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping their partners add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Forward Action are recruiting a Head of Copy & Creative. You’ll be in charge of copywriting and creative work. You’ll set the creative direction for the work, write and edit fundraising and campaign copy, come up with digital engagement tactics, facilitate brainstorms with partners and ensure Forward Action deliver high quality creative work that helps progressive partners hit their goals. And finally, you’ll manage two Digital Creatives, overseeing their work to keep delivering creative that produces excellent results with partners.
- Set the overall creative direction and messaging for work with partners, and ensure that all the copy they deliver meets a high standard
- Plan, edit and occasionally draft copy for emails, Facebook ads, signup and fundraising pages, and digital engagement tools (example here)
- Provide clear, constructive feedback on copy written by the Digital Creatives and freelance copywriters
- Facilitate brainstorms and creative sessions, and come up with concepts for handraisers, fundraising campaigns, engagement tools and other tactics
- Line manage the two Digital Creatives, overseeing their workload and supporting their professional development
- Collaborate with other members of the Forward Action team to ensure the creative work remains innovative and sector-leading
- Share creative recommendations with partners and train them in copywriting and email best practice
- Manage creative capacity for Forward Action, ensuring that concepts, copy and other deliverables are produced on time and to a high standard
- Oversee the design process for new webpages, including planning user journeys, providing designers with briefs, and feeding back on designs
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 3+ years experience working in digital advocacy and/or digital fundraising
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Experience writing and editing copy for emails, online ads and websites
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively, coming up with and evaluating new ideas
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and partnerships simultaneously
- Good organisation and attention to detail
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience managing at least one team member
- Experience working as a freelancer and/or at an agency
- An understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience planning supporter email journeys
- Experience planning Facebook ad campaigns
- Knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B test
- Experience working with designers
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.