|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/10/2021 - 17:00|
Digital Strategy Manager
Are you excited at the idea of bringing your creative, project management and marketing skills to a role with an agency that is serious about progressive causes?
Forward Action is a digital mobilisation agency for progressive causes. They help their partner organisations reach new supporters, then mobilise them to become activists and donors. They have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping their partners add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Forward Action is looking for a Digital Strategy Manager. In this role, you’ll set project strategies to hit measurable fundraising, engagement and advocacy goals and then manage strategists to deliver them to an excellent standard. Optimisation is key to Forward Action's work, so you’ll ensure testing is baked into every project to challenge assumptions, answer strategic questions, and test innovations that improve results.
- Draft strategy for the projects you work on, planning data-driven digital mobilisation campaigns to ensure the team hits the project’s fundraising, engagement and/or advocacy goals
- Oversee two Digital Strategists to ensure projects are managed excellently from conception through to build, coordinating work from the creative and web development teams and liaising with partner organisations
- Run project planning workshops with partners and lead project review meetings
- Deliver training sessions to help upskill partner organisations
- Plan and run “minimum viable product” tests of new digital mobilisation models
- Plan and oversee A/B testing programmes, analyse the results of tests and tactics, and provide strategic recommendations to partners based off them
- Take part in brainstorms to generate ideas for tactics that help partners hit their goals
- Draft proposals for new projects and attend meetings with prospective partners
- Work alongside the Strategy and Partnerships Directors to build and maintain strong relationships with the partner organisations you work with
- Support the two Digital Strategists you manage to get their work done on time to a high standard
- Create a supportive working environment
- Empower your managees’ personal development
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in digital advocacy, digital fundraising or digital marketing
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience planning digital strategy to hit measurable goals
- Comfortable analysing simple datasets (e.g. email or Facebook ads results)
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.