|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Create Studios Digital Media CIC|
|Location:||Swindon (currently remote)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/12/2020 - 12:00|
|Start date:||04 January 2021|
Film Talent Creative Lead
Do you have professional experience in the film industry? Are you passionate about inspiring graduates to work in the creative industry? This could be the role for you...
Create Studios is a team of digital creators who make content that matters through Film, Animation, Photography & Print. They are a Community Interest Company (CIC). This model means collaborating with them contributes to having a meaningful impact on the people and the community we live in. They go further than just creating digital content – their profits create change. They invest hugely in creating work and opportunities for a diverse future workforce. Their groundbreaking mentoring programme gives young people a voice, independence and confidence to break into the digital world.
Create Studios is seeking a Film Talent Creative Lead to join their team. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of Digital Futures Graduate Returner model and development of linked partnerships and production opportunities for emerging talent.
- To manage and deliver a high-quality rolling 3 month programme of Graduate Talent Development bridging from HE to employment (4 graduates per cohort, 3 cohorts a year)
- To build on learning from the First Digital Futures pilot to develop a motivational and challenging programme including all stages of digital production including real-life brief delivery and client liaison, which may need to adapt flexibly to be Covid compliant
- To compile an inspiring programme of industry visits, speakers and events (min two per cohort) which is open to Graduates and other digital creative sector explorers
- To support the pipeline for future Graduate returners by planning and delivering 3 terms of 6 weekly MassMedia young people’s sessions (May be remote to be Covid Compliant)
- To introduce Graduate Returners to participatory creative career possibilities by enabling opportunities for Graduate Returners to offer peer mentoring to others through Create’s MassMedia and Digital Explorers (SEND) programme
- To produce all appropriate monitoring and reporting as required by the Create Studios team, partner evaluating University and funding partners
- Working with the Create Studios Artistic Director to advocate for diverse talent and arts leadership by partnership development with regional/national HE/FE partners including the emerging Swindon/Wilts/Glos Institute of Technology and the national Institute of Coding and sector skills agencies
- Working with the Create Studios Artistic Director to explore and identify sustainable models for the Digital Futures programme in liaison with sector partners including Creative Industries Federation and Creative and Cultural Skills Council
- To ensure the Digital Futures programme and all linked activity is undertaken with due regard for the safety and wellbeing of all participants and colleagues
- To deputise for the Artistic Director on meetings relevant to talent development as required
- To contribute fully to Create’s values and vision and Business Planning as it develops opportunities for the next 5-10 years
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Min 3 years of professional film industry production experience
- Good knowledge of industry-level film equipment across at least 2 areas eg. Camera and sound
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Min 1 year teaching or mentoring experience with young people in the formal or informal sector
- Excellent team working and co-ordination skills
- Excellent written, presenting and advocacy skills
- Own transport and clean driving license
- Able to support some work activity at evenings and weekends
- DRB clearance and permission to work in the UK
- Strong networks with media industry regionally and/or nationally
- An understanding of sector skills dialogues nationally
- Excellent reporting and evaluation skills
- An understanding of arts and cultural organisations and their role in industry talent development
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.