|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||London (Remote currently)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/09/2020 - 23:00|
Do you have strong communication skills? As well as proficiency in MS Office software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel? Well then look no further than this role...
BritainThinks are a fast-growing research consultancy that puts public and stakeholder opinion at the heart of their clients' thinking. Their research methodologies span all qualitative and quantitative techniques, and they have a diverse client base across the private, public and third sectors. Their focus spans across insight, strategy, communication and engagement.
BritainThinks are looking for new talent to join them as a Fieldwork Assistant, working with their Fieldwork Manager and their Head of Operations to support with the administrative and logistical tasks within research projects. They would be line managed by their Fieldwork Manager and work alongside their research team. Normal working hours will be 9am - 6pm, but they envisage some evening work, and on those days your working hours would vary accordingly for example to 12pm - 8pm. On average, this may be 1-2 evenings per work however sometimes more-sometimes less than this.
- Assisting the Fieldwork Manager on market research recruitment projects
- Liaising with their network of recruiters to recruit participants for research projects
- Onboarding participants (usually members of the public or stakeholders) to take part in market research focus groups
- Managing the logistics around the recruitment of participants e.g. arranging incentive payments
- Assisting participants with attending focus groups (e.g helping with any technical issues)
- Doing screening calls with participants ahead of focus groups
- Maintaining the recruitment database and updating it as necessary
- Note taking in focus groups as required
- Working with research teams on recruitment and feeding back any issues
- Sourcing new recruiters and suppliers where possible
- Supporting the Head of Operations with ad-hoc administrative research tasks as required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Have strong communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
- Have strong organisational skills and be able to multi-task
- Be flexible and detail-orientated
- Able to learn new skills quickly and is a problem solver
- Ideally have some experience of working in an office environment though not essential
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a good level of proficiency
- Have permission to work in the UK at the time of starting employment
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.